Yoga Fusion Summer Weekly Workout- August 20 2017
I hope you enjoyed last week’s back, core and leg strengthening sequence.
The sequence this week is a short and simple sequence designed to enhance energy, and reduce anxiety and stress.
Energy and Stress Reduction Sequence
- Child’s pose- start your sequence in child’s pose, arranging your arms either extended beyond your head, hands under your head or arms paralleling your thighs. Breathe into your lower back, letting the back muscles relax.
- Downward dog- with an exhale, lift the hips into the air, broaden the collarbones and firm through the core.
- Walk the dog- press heels to the floor, one at a time, to lengthen through the back of the calves.
- Downward dog- hold in downward dog for 2 breaths.
- Plank/ Half Plank- exhaling, firm through the core and ripple forward to plank or 1/2 plank (knees on mat). Keep your head in line with your spine, your belly firm, and if you are in full plank, lengthen from the crown of your head through your heels. Pay particular attention to lengthening through the spine, keeping the spine long.
- Downward dog- exhale and lift hips back to downward dog. Stay here for 2 breaths.
- Child’s pose- on your next exhale, drop your hips toward your heels, and arrange your arms either extended beyond your head, hands under your head or arms paralleling your thighs. Breathe here for 2 breaths.
You may repeat this sequence as many times as you want, but just one time through will bring energy and vitality to your body, ease anxiety and reduce stress.
Happy practicing and I look forward to connecting with you again next week!